- Vice-Chair Uschi Eid represented UNSGAB and shared a key-note address at the Global Water Operators Partnership Alliance Congress in Barcelona (27-29 November 2013)
- World Toilet Day was a great success!! Visit www.sanitationdrive2015.org for all the details. See the video message by the Chair here Read the UNSGAB's Chair, UN-Chair and WHO Director-General's WTD day article here (En Ara Chi Fr Rus Es ) (19 November 2013)
- 21st UNSGAB meeting was held on the margins of the Budapest Water Summit. (7-8 October 2013) Hashimoto Action Plan III was launched on Oct. 9 at a side event during the Summit.
- UNSGAB with the support of UN-Water presented "Securing the Future: Designing a Post-2015 Water Goal" on 2nd September during the Stockholm Water Week See the program(2 September 2013)
- The Secretary-General appointed His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan Bin Talal of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan as the new Chairman of his Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation (UNSGAB) See the announcement (10 June 2013)
- UNSGAB's 20th UNSGAB meeting was held in Milan. (20-23 May 2013) Board members participated in the Expo Milano Water Strategy launch
- HRH the Prince of Orange stepped down as the chair of UNSGAB as ascending to the throne of the Netherlands (30 April 2013)
- Chair made a speech at the World Water Day in the Hague, 2013. See the speech (22 March 2013)
- UNSGAB co-organized the United Nations Special Thematic Session on Water and Disasters with the Secretary-General at the UN headquarters in NY (6 March 2013)
- UNSGAB made its call for a Post-2015 Global Goal on Water See the text(January 2013)
- Chair made a speech at the Second WHO/UNICEF Consultation on the Formulation of Post 2015 Global WASH Goals See the speech(3 December 2012)
Solving global water problems is central to eradicating poverty and achieving sustainable development. The UNSG's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation (UNSGAB) is an independent body established in March 2004 by United Nations Secretary-General, Mr. Kofi Annan, to give him advice as well as to galvanize action on water and sanitation issues. Chaired by His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan Bin Talal of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the Board is composed of a wide range of dignitaries, technical experts, and individuals with proven experience in providing inspiration, moving the machinery of government, as well as working with the media, the private sector and civil society. UNSGAB Secretariat is hosted by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), United Nations.
Hashimoto Action Plan III
"With only a short time before the end of 2015 - the MDG target year - water and sanitation challenges are still daunting. The Secretary-General's Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation is committed to continue its advocacy efforts through 2015. To that end, the Board has formulated a set of activities as part of Hashimoto Action Plan III Read more
UNSGAB's position on a dedicated post-2015 water goal
UNSGAB calls for a dedicated water goal in the post-2015 development agenda with three objectives on universal access to water and sanitation, improved wastewater management and pollution control, and better integrated water resources management. Read more